Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEA International List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu
- From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
- Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:12:19 -0700
I found a reference for the text "Cold-Formed Steel Design" by Wei-Wen Yu published by John Wiley press and available for $109.95 on Amazon Books Website (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471619701/002-1229541-3107062)
Has anyone seen this book and can you offer an opinion about the practical use of this book in residential and commercial light gauge steel design?
There is another book written by John Hacker PE who happens to be an engineer in my area. In my opinion, I would not recommned Hackers book. There is no evidence that he has kept abreast of the latest work with Cold-formed steel. In addition, I am currently working with a former client of his and am in the process of correcting numerous problems that may or may not attributed to his design. Based upon my knowledge of his work, I could not recommend his book.
Please let me know if anyone is familiar with Mr. Yu's book.
Dennis S. Wish PE
- Prev by Subject: CODE: ACI 530-88
- Next by Subject: Re: Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu
- Previous by thread: RE: The Clinton Administration Loves Y2K
- Next by thread: Re: Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu