From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:poly(--nospam--at)flash.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 1998 4:00 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: The Clinton Administration Loves Y2K

One interesting "theory" I've heard advanced, is that the
Clinton/Gore administration is rubbing it's hands in
anticipation of the "windfall" that will come about over the
next year and a half, as the Y2K panic sets in.

This theory posits that so many folks will be "liquidating"
their assets, getting out of the stock and bond markets, for
example, that the huge windfall in taxes resulting from
capital gains will be staggering.  There are actually
administration memos in existence that talk about what
they're planning to do with the money.

Clinton and his ilk have always benefitted from F.U.D.  This
may be yet another example of same.