Re: Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu

>From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com>
>To: "SEA International List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Cold-Formed Steel Design by Wei-Wen Yu
>Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 16:12:19 -0700
>
>I found a reference for the text "Cold-Formed Steel Design" by Wei-Wen
Yu
>published by John Wiley press and available for $109.95 on Amazon Books
>Website
>(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471619701/002-1229541-3107062)
>Has anyone seen this book and can you offer an opinion about the
practical
>use of this book in residential and commercial light gauge steel
design?

$109.95!!! Wow.   Excellent book. However I do not see how can you apply
it to residential.

I have used two past editions of it in forensic engineering
applications, to demonstrate (prove) certain light gauge steel failure
modes.

If you have the complete AISI manual, you do not need the book much
unless you need to go in-depth.

Excellent book, very expensive.

Jose Diez PE (FL)