RE: Stamping of Plans is common

FWIW, It would probably be whoever is Secretary of Commerce at the time (ironically, Malcolm BALDRIDGE was once Reagan's Sec. of Comm.)

But can you imagine, in that case, having the signature of the late Ron Brown on your licensure certificate, for example?  Or some other Clinton cut-out?

Yeah, let's stick to state licensure/registration, with the states cooperating through NCCES.  If it ain't broke...