Subject: URM in seismic zones after 1933
Author:  "LAXMRG (213)996-2380" <laxmrg(--nospam--at)dames.com> at fdinet
Date:    8/25/98 7:48 AM

It is usually said that the use of URM was not permitted after the 1933
Long Beach earthquake.  Other than references to the Field Act for
schools,  I have not been able to find the particular code (UBC) section
that outlaws URM for commercial buildings.  Can some one provide the
reference?

<   Mark R. Gorman
<   Dames & Moore
<  laxmrg(--nospam--at)dames.com