Re: Stamping of Plans is common

I think the proper procedure should be that the designer should tell the
engineer:

"I have a client who wants to remodel his house(just for example). I did the
structural calculations and drawings. I have enough experience in this type of
job working for a structural engineering firm for many, many years. I told my
client I am not a licensed engineeer and I cannot sign these calculations and
plans. But I know somebody who can sign it. I told him to talk to you and
discuss the project and your structural fee as you will be the Engineer of
Record who will be responsible for the structural engineering of the project.

If you are interested, and after you have agreed with the homeowner on the
structural fee and we agree on my design fee, please review these calcs and
drawings to your complete satisfaction, red mark it if necessary and I will
revise it accordingly. Sign it and consider yourself the Engineer of Record. "

This is as close as one can get to satisfy the intent of the "no stamping
rule". Unless the rule specifically disallow this.

Ernie Natividad