RE: Stamping of Plans

Related to this topic, I have attached three pages of guidelines on the
enforcement of licensing rules, issued in 1997 by the Consulting Engineers
Council of Hawaii:

At 01:07 PM 8/25/98 -0500, Stan Caldwell wrote:
>Dear Mr. Baldridge, etc.:
>
>With a bit of planning, out-of-state engineers can get additional
>licenses by reciprocity in most states (excluding the west coast and a
>few others).  You seem to imply that there are instances where plan
>stamping is appropriate and acceptable.  There are no such instances,
>and what you refer to as "reasons of technicality" are actually "reasons
>of legality".  If you practice plan stamping, you will eventually lose
>your license somewhere, and once you lose it in one state, you
>eventually lose it everywhere (good uniformity of this).
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
>Dallas, Texas

Martin, Bravo, & Chock, Inc.
1132 Bishop Street, Suite 1550
Honolulu, HI   96813
808-521-4513 (voice)
808-531-4508 (fax)
engineers(--nospam--at)martinbravochock.com