Re: Torsion Constants

>Does anybody have any good references for calculating torsion constants
>for multi-celled shapes (such as extruded aluminium sections) and other
>unusual hollow sections?
Timoshenko's Stngth of Materials Book is my all around favorite general
reference for multi-celled torsional constants every day for a living.
There's some specific information in Blodgett's books. In general (thick
walls, small holes, you need to get fairly elegant. I've used FEA to to
it, and once upon a time I ran into a program called BEAMSTRESS which had
a built-in FEA routine for the job.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw