Re: Seismic Zone 2

Baldridge & Associates wrote:

. > Roger Turk wrote:
. > >
. > > Please don't lump Seismic Zone 2 with 0 and 1.  Seismic Zone 2 is
. > > closer to Zone 3 than it is to Zone 1.
. > >
. > > A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
. > > Tucson, Arizona
. >
. > Point well taken - have you seen the 97 UBC requirements for Zone 2? -
. > structural engineering is going to be alot more fun.
. >

Yes, and I am continually amazed at the degree of precision implied in the
1997 UBC (and IBC 2000) when we don't even know the loading within a couple
of a hundred percent.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona