Subject: Canvas patio covers and the code????
Author:  "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cwia.com> at fdinet
Date:    8/26/98 6:08 PM

(snip)....Am I missing something or is there a specific code requirement
(UBC) that makes structures like this exempt from code requirements? If the
numbers are typical of other canvas installations, how do the local
engineers address the political side of the issue so that we are not accused
of trying to create a market or putting some merchant out of business?

Dennis Wish PE