RE: Year 2000 computer problem!

Thanks for comments.

I am not computer programmer (by profession.)
At the mean time I think if the problem as Art Bell (the U.S. talk show
host) describes is going to be so dangerous that we will not even have food
or water to drink, why are not we solving the problem?
As structural engineers we trick the computer all the time. That is when we
have to replace a formula, a database, a table, etc.. In various programs.
For example, why do not consider a form of solution that Michael Davis
suggested. Or at the worst scenario just change the "date" 100 years back!
On December 31, 1999 at 11:59:59 p.m. let us change our "date" to 1900
Exactly the same way we change the "time" for "Day Light Saving" process
until we solve the problem properly.

Comment appreciated.
Kasey Hemmatyar, P. Eng. (structural)
Vancouver, B.C.