Re: Year 2000 computer problem!

I am sure I don't understand the complexity of the problem but for some
computer languages there seems to be a simple solution which I have used
succesfully.

Depending on the language the program is written, the statement should reflect
the following logic:

      IF YEAR < (SAY) 10, THEN NewYEAR = (2000 + YEAR)
      OTHERWISE NewYEAR = (1900 + YEAR)

I am not certain if this statement can be written in every language and
whether the program can / will accept a four digit year-number as a final
product.

Just a thought ....