Re: Canvas patio covers and the code????

I have a similar restaurant outdoor patio project a while ago with canvas
roofing over  mini-metal open-web trusses. My major concern was the lateral
bracing of the compression chord of the  truss(on canvas???????) and also for
net uplift loads, the bottom chords are in compression, how do you brace them?

Like Dennis said, I consider it a prefabricated item that needs ICBO approval
and  signed drawing and structural calculations from the manufacturer's
engineer. Including lateral analysis as a free standing structure.

Ernie Natividad