RE: AVwin98 Structural program

Giammarco
Avansse has had a rough start here one the West Coast. Introduced in 1993 by
their distributer EBBS, Advansse looked to be a very promising finite
element software. Surely one of the first windows compatible analysis
softwares.
A falling out occured between EBBS and Boris, the author of the software
(sorry, I don't remember his last name) and modules were not delivered to
customers who purchased the software before the AISC Code checking module
was ready. I don't remember if the Plates and Shells module was delivered as
well.
I heard that a year or two later, the software started appearing in the
Florida area. I would also be interested in hearing from any of the West
Coast offices that purchased the software. I am particularly interested in
whether or not the modules were delivered as promised and whether the
developer is still supporting the software.

Avansse was originally written and distributed from South America. I saw the
software at the 1993 AEC Show in Anaheim California where the SEAOSC CAC
committee combined the bi-annual computer exposition with the large event. I
me Boris at this time and was very impressed by the ability of the software
he displayed. I did not have the chance to review the software or to verify
the accuracy of the output.

Once again, I would be very interested to find out the state of the software
and the level of satisfaction experienced by those of you who have used the
software.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE