Wind Loads on Monopoles

I have received some plan check comments on a foundation design I have
prepared. This foundation supports a monopole, 30 inches in diameter and 100
ft. tall. The foundation is 5 ft. diameter and 15 feet deep. I used the UBC
flagpole formula for the design (non-constrained).

For the design, I used a Cq of 0.8 for the pole (based on "Chimneys, tanks
and solid towers" in UBC table 16-H). The plan checker wants me to consider
the monopole as "Signs, flagpoles, lightpoles and minor structures" and a Cq
of 1.4 with a 2/3 reduction for cylindrical elements. The kicker is (this is
a DSA project) that, in the CA UBC, there is an additional footnote to the
table which reads "Minimum wind design pressure for flagpoles and lightpoles
shall be 25 pounds per square foot." This equates to a wind pressure for a
structure 350 feet tall w/o reductions (Ce=2.12, Cq=2/3*1.4, qs=12.6). This
footnote does not appear in the regular version of the UBC.

I am interested if anyone has a reference for this code requirement and what
kind of structure the authors of this provision was this provision intended.

Regards,
Bill Allen