From: Horning, Dick/CVO [mailto:dhorning(--nospam--at)CH2M.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 1998 9:13 AM
To: 'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject: RE: Wind Loads on Monopoles

Here's a possibility -
You're using a wind speed of 70 mph.  A number of special-purpose codes
(such as AWWA D100 for steel reservoirs) assume 100 mph wind speed.  Using a
stagnation pressure of 25.6 psf, it wouldn't require more than a 15' pole in
Exposure C to get up to 25 psf.
Having suggested that, if the pole is essentially clean of attachments or
projecting elements, I would use Cq = 0.8 as you did.