Re: Wind Loads on Flagpoles

Anand,

The only reference that I have found having to do with wind loads on flags
appeared in the January-February 1986 issue of Building Standards ("Measuring
Wind Loads on Poles for Today's Large Flag," by Jack M. Roehm, P.E.).  The
article is a reprint of an article that appeared in, "Architectural Metals
Magazine," a publication of the National Association of Architectural Metal
Manufacturers.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Anand Nene wrote:

. > Continuing further on Bill Allen's thread, I would like to know the
. > factors to be applied for flag poles and flag.  The flag poles are
. > generally straight forward (it is not a DSA project -:)). I am interested
. > to know what factors to apply for the flag itself. I did not find any
. > reference in the UBC nor in ASCE 7-93.
. >
. > Anand Nene, S. E.
. >