Re: Wind Loads on Flagpoles

There is a publication from American National Standard and the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers titled, "Guide Specifications for Design Loads of Metal Flagpoles", ANSI/ NAAMM FP 1001-90 Third Edition.  This provides formulas to determine wind loads on flags, as well as the flagpoles.

NAAMM can be reched at (312)-922-6222 (Chicago)

>>> <AnandNene(--nospam--at)aol.com> 09/01/98 07:50PM >>>
Continuing further on Bill Allen's thread, I would like to know the factors to
be applied for flag poles and flag.  The flag poles are generally straight
forward (it is not a DSA project -:)).  I am interested to know what factors
to apply for the flag itself.  I did not find any reference in the UBC nor in
ASCE 7-93.

Anand Nene, S. E.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               !