Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wind Loads on Flagpoles[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Wind Loads on Flagpoles
- From: Kurt Swarts <KSWARTS(--nospam--at)PJFWEB.COM>
- Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 07:46:45 -0400
There is a publication from American National Standard and the National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers titled, "Guide Specifications for Design Loads of Metal Flagpoles", ANSI/ NAAMM FP 1001-90 Third Edition. This provides formulas to determine wind loads on flags, as well as the flagpoles. NAAMM can be reched at (312)-922-6222 (Chicago) >>> <AnandNene(--nospam--at)aol.com> 09/01/98 07:50PM >>> Continuing further on Bill Allen's thread, I would like to know the factors to be applied for flag poles and flag. The flag poles are generally straight forward (it is not a DSA project -:)). I am interested to know what factors to apply for the flag itself. I did not find any reference in the UBC nor in ASCE 7-93. Anand Nene, S. E. !
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Loads on Flagpoles
- Next by Subject: Wind Loads on Monopoles
- Previous by thread: RE: Wind Loads on Flagpoles
- Next by thread: Lateral restraint of floor beams