Re: 3/8 inch shear panels

I would be interested in knowing why the UBC and other Building Officials have not
adopted the LA City Standards.  I think the County of LA has a similar standard,
an the County of Ventura I think has also adopted some of the LA City provisions.
It seems to me that the City of LA is out of step with everyone else.

I thought that with time, all jurisdictions would have a similar Code regarding
plywood shear walls.  I am sure the ICBO and other Building officials have
considered these the LA City standards carefully.  But for some reason, very few
have chosen to adopted the LA City standard.

Is the City of LA just being extremely conservative with no real back up for their
position, or has the ICBO and other Building officials looked at the facts and
chosen to ignore the higher standard due to the heat they make take for it.

Any opinions would be welcomed.

Lynn