Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: 3/8 inch shear panels -Reply[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: 3/8 inch shear panels -Reply
- From: Truong Huynh <THUYNH(--nospam--at)BAS.CI.LA.CA.US>
- Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:40:03 -0700
For shear wall with uplift forces around 5 to 6 kips may not be a problem for the holdown device. The problem, however, are usually with the holdown anchor bolts and required edge distance. Allowable service load (building code table 19-e) for a typical 5/8" dia anchor bolt embedded in f'c of 2500psi with 3-3/4 edge distance is 1500 lbs. The shearwall and holdown device may not fail, but the anchorage certainly will. City of LA Building Dept.
- Prev by Subject: Re: 3/8 inch shear panels
- Next by Subject: RE: 3/8 inch shear panels -Reply
- Previous by thread: Re: 3/8 inch shear panels
- Next by thread: RE: 3/8 inch shear panels -Reply