Re: A325 anchor bolts

Another approach to high strength anchor bolts that were set too low,
I modified the base plate anchor bolt hole large enough to allow a
custom made tee nut to be installed into the base plate and reach down
and grab the proper number of threads.

Chipping out the concrete to attach a coupler was not feasible due to
lots of reinforcing.

I had several of the nuts tested to failure and the anchor bolts were
always the weak link.  I also made the base plate holes only 1/16"
oversize (since I knew exactly where the anchor bolts were positioned.)

Paul F. Blomberg
Phoenix, AZ