Re: Sharing projects

I am also interested, particularly wood framed projects which is about 90% of
what I do. The other 10% are tilt-up buildings, residential metal studs, and
various minor structures. I am a one-man office here in Southern California.

My idea is for a voluntary peer review on projects from participating members
of the group. Structural Plans and Calculations is sent to other engineers who
specializes in the same field and comments are solicited. The extent of
review, schedule and compensation is discussed and those who agree will be
sent the documents. This may not work very well at the start but as we go
along, after a few projects reviewed by various fellow engineers, we can make
a shortlist of those which we feel are reliable, experienced and competent
enough to give a meaningful and effective peer review. Hopefully, everybody in
this group can learn from each other. Lurkers are not allowed.

For communications, I suggest all interested parties keep a copy of the email
addresses of those who respond as interested and we can email each other. If
the list gets too big to handle, we can ask Shafat if he can make a separate
listserve for this group.

Just a thought.

Ernie Natividad