AVwin98 Structural program

Karen12959(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote

Dear Thor ...>
>Maybe the AV98 program is good ....  but you don't buy gold even for 10
cents
>per pound from a  thief as you become an accessory to the crime
(ethically or
>otherwise).>>With best regards>
>By the way, how is it possible that a man who in the past accepted
payments
>for his "forthcoming" program modules from many engineering firms in
>California but never delivered them is allowed to advertise his
software on
>the SEAC-server. Something is wrong here.

We all get excited (and quite often get taken for a ride) when somebody
offers something of value for nothing. You probably know that all of
this commotion is because the program is offered at unbeatable price -
nothing. Get it now and get everything promised later. An engineer in
our office ordered the version advertised for free and told me that
although it did not have many features that are advertised and some of
the help is in Spanish, but as he put it "for this price what did you
want?"
Someone on this list mentioned already that you should check what codes
are used and "some problems with rigid diafragms..." I don't remember
the exact issue, but the general mood of that message I got was that
nobody perfect and it is "not bad for the price". Imagine if we
practiced structural engineering the same way?

Regards,
JS