Re: Lag screws in withdrawal from end grain

I still want to know what the "should not" recommendation means because I've
use this type of connection before on a minor structure where there are other
redundant connections preventing complete collapse. I tried to be conservative
because of the "should not" word.

Anybody out there knows the history of this code provision or is familiar with
how allowable lag screw withdrawal values were obtained?

Ernie Natividad