pal system

Has anyone used and/or heard of a system of steel cross bracing referred to as PAL bracing. It is some kind of system utilizing damping.

We are in zone 2 and have not had to use anything too unique for EQ loads. This type of thing (damping) is likely used more in the zones 3 and 4 for larger structures.

If one uses damping for a structure does it require that a dynamic analysis be done?  I am used to calculating a V and M from statics, codes, etc. I have taken a structural dynamics masters course but have not used much of it. (Good for background knowledge though). Are these damping systems proprietary or do engineers reinvent the wheel often?

Just wondering....
David Handy, P.Eng