Standard of Care

Hello,

What is considered the minimum standard of care?  The definition that I
have seen is extremely vague.  My opinion is that if you are designing a
struture, you are designing/detailing it so it can be built without any
extra expertise (excluding specialty engineering such as wood trusses,
etc.)  Now for the reason for the question.  We are providing shop
drawings for a client for metal studs.  The building is 4 story load
bearing metal stud walls with 3" composite metal deck with 3" of
concrete.  Wood truss roof.  There are numerous items missing on the
contract documents (the structural of the building is only 10 D size
sheets).  The strap bracing is shown but not fully detailed.  Notes refer
to non-existing schedules,  headers are "shown on plan"  but are not
there.  I don't think that the engineer did his job on this project and
we are worried about any potential liability from doing our shop
drawings.  Any thoughts?

Mike Zaitz