Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Bridge[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Wood Bridge
- From: shahn(--nospam--at)S6.hninc.com
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 7:44:48 -0800
- Receipt-requested-to: shahn(--nospam--at)S6.hninc.com
We have designed a wood bridge for the navy project in San Diego. The bridge plan dimensions are 16 feet by 40 feet. The bridge is called Decon Bridge for washdown of the various trucks. The drawings indicate that all wood shall be pressure treated. The contractor is suggesting that the lumber should be sealed or painted before erection, and asking for the additional cost to the project.The bridge framing consists of wood beams (6x14) and decking (4x14) supported by concrete piers. Any comments will be appreciated. Nutan S.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood Beam repair
- Next by Subject: RE: Wood Bridge
- Previous by thread: RE: Project Impact: Building a Disaster Resistant Community - V ideoconference
- Next by thread: RE: Wood Bridge