What happen when earthquake shaking bridges in New York City?

Hi, I wonder if that really can happen to many people on moderate
earthquake if they stike at New York City on their bridges and many
people will be died because they don't have similiar to S.F. I am sorry
about my english. Is my english OK?. I'm deaf woman. I'm 19 years old. I
think this suprise you. Thanks, Michelle Trzecinski Cudahy WI USA
seismologist student.... not sure what carrer is now. PLEASE REPLY,
THANK YOU.