Re Bostik Staples

I have a feeling a query similar to this was posted a while back.

I have a request from a contractor to review the use of Bostik 1.5" X .48" (tine dim. of .071" X .045") staples for roof sheathing assembly.  My immediate response is to reject the proposal, however, I like to base my rejection on reasonable review of the performance of a product.  The roof sheathing is 1/2" OSB and better.  There is no specific requirement for diaphragm action, but I would consider that aspect too.

Does anyone have info on these types of staples.

Thor A. Tandy   P.Eng,  MCSCE,  MIPENZ
Victoria, BC, Canada
e-mail: <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>