Re: Re Bostik Staples

Try looking at ICBO report no. NER-272.  This report includes Bostik Staples.  Values are given for diaphragm shears (horizontal and vertical).  If withdrawal is a concern, an equation is provided on page 26 of the report to determine the withdrawal resistance.

If you do not have this report or are not a member of ICBO, you should be able to get the report through the G.C. who will get the report from the Bostik sales rep.

-----Original Message-----
From: T <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>
To: SEAINT <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Thursday, September 10, 1998 9:50 AM
Subject: Re Bostik Staples

I have a feeling a query similar to this was posted a while back.

I have a request from a contractor to review the use of Bostik 1.5" X .48" (tine dim. of .071" X .045") staples for roof sheathing assembly.  My immediate response is to reject the proposal, however, I like to base my rejection on reasonable review of the performance of a product.  The roof sheathing is 1/2" OSB and better.  There is no specific requirement for diaphragm action, but I would consider that aspect too.

Does anyone have info on these types of staples.

Thor A. Tandy   P.Eng,  MCSCE,  MIPENZ
Victoria, BC, Canada
e-mail: <vicpeng(--nospam--at)vtcg.com>