Re:

Checkout paper concerning this issue in SEAOC 1996 Proceedings.  Over
driven nails in 3/8" plywood.  Tested walls with 20%, 50% & 80% of nails
overdriven. Panels with 20% & 50% overdriven (about 1/8" overdriven;
nails driven proud, then flush then set with pin punch to 1/8" depth)
performed well when compared to handriven common nails.  Panels with 80%
overdriven did not perform so well.  All nails were nominal 8d nails
(common .131" dia, gun nails .113" dia).  Sorry  I cannot suggest a
cheap remedy for this condition unless you can get by with reduced
capacity & leave as is.  Ask APA for suggestons.

regards

 Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
 Senior Development Engineer
 Civil & Environmental Engineering
 UC Irvine
 E4130 EG,  Zot: 2175