Re:

Jim, contact APA help desk (tel. 253-620-7400) for APA handout on this
subject.  Before the job starts, it would be a good idea to check with
contractor to make sure that pneumatic fastening equipment has
adjustable depth feature to control driving of nails or staples so the
head or crown is flush with the surface of the sheathing.  Existing
tools can be modified by service reps; and new tools have depth control
feature.  Controlling depth of driving fasteners by adjusting air
pressure doesn't work.
John Rose/APA, Tacoma, WA