RE: Peer Review for projects on soverign land

Thanks Donn for your comments. I wasn't concerned about the design code - I
intend to follow the '94 UBC or even the '97 where I feel it is relevent. My
question is about the lack of plan checking and my desire to use SEAOSC as a
peer review service. I believe, for a fee, certain members of SEAOSC will
review a project and provide a peer report.
I would have more faith in a review performed by SEAOSC than I would paying
a contract plan service like Wildan or Esgil. I don't mean to imply that
Wildan or Esgil would not perform appropriately or professionally. I *did*
mean to imply that a peer review by SEAOSC would be more credible if we were
ever sued and brought to a tribal court. My reasoning is that the review
would come from a professional organization which is known for their active
participation in the creation of the codes used in the design of these
strutures and as such would be testifying that the the design was done in
accordance with the provision of the code.
On the other side, using SEAOSC as a peer review agency creates a better
chance to find potential problems before they occur in construction.
Again, I need to preface that I don't have any less faith in plan check
agencies, but I feel that SEAOSC peer review would provide a more intensive
design review possibly by those with more understanding of the intention of
the code.

Respectfully
Dennis Wish PE