Subject: Concrete cover over conventional reinforcing adjacent to gra
Author:  MIME:"cdonngo(--nospam--at)primenet.com"@primenet.com at INTERNET
Date:    9/10/98 1:56 AM

TO THOSE WHO ARE INTERESTED:

PLEASE REVIEW UBC '97 SECTIONS 1907.7.1.1, 1915.7 AND TABLE 18-1-C FOR CONCRETE COVEREAGES OF REINFORCING STEEL.

I INTERPRET A CONFLICT (IN WHICH CASE THE MOST RESTRICTIVE WOULD APPLY") IN THESE SECTIONS.

A PLAN QUESTIONER (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH A PLAN CHECKER OR REVIEWER), INSISTS ON A 10" THICK FOOTING FOR SIMPLE FOOTINGS TO CONFORM TO 1907.7.1.1??

OTHER INTERPRETATIONS???

Donn Wooldridge S.E.& R.A.
Phoenix, AZ