Rusty Nails

I recently had a 'discussion' in the office about using vinyl sinkers in
framing.  The statement was made that the vinyl sinker sheds the vinyl
(which we all know) then the nail rusts.  The statement was also made
that this rust is a benefit to the connection.  I do know that the main
reason we use vinyl sinkers is for ease of driving - and because there
are no galvanized nails for nail guns.  I am mainly concerned about
indoor framing (ie. Small, enclosed buildings).

My questions are these:  Does the nail rust to a point then stop?  Does
the rust add a benefit to the connection over galvanized nails?