RE: corrision of prestressing strands

Todd,

Consider ASTM C 876.

Publications:

There are several publications that might be helpful from NACE National Association of Corrosion Engineers http://www.nace.org/nacehome.html.

Corrosion and Failure, Analyzing Corrosion Failure in Metals, by Professional Service Industries (PSI), Pittsburgh Testing Laboratory Division.

Parking Structures, Planning, Design, Construction, Maintenance, and Repair by Chrest, Smith, and Bhuyan, 1989, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.

Structural Deterioration and Rehabilitation, National Parking Association, Washington, D.C.

Rehabilitating Parking Structures with Corrosion-Damaged Button-Headed Post-Tensioning Tendons, Thomas Nehil, March, 1992, Concrete International.

Other sources of info:
CTL Labs 800-522-2285
Wiss, Janney & Elstner http://www.wje.com/services/construc.html  WJE's site is particularly good because you can access their literature.

Precision Surveillance Corporation, East Chicago, Ind., Ronald Hough

Post-Tech Construction Technologies, 403-720-2045

You will find rehabilitation depends on the type of duct, the strand, and the anchorages.  Some of the newer techniques including corrosion mitigating materials like the Armatek by Sika.  Don't consider cathodic protection.

Be careful of proclaiming a strand as O.K. because of hydrogen embrittlement.

Harold Sprague, PE
Krawinkler, Luth & Assoc.