RE: Construction Live Load on Composite Beams

For reference, the Steel Deck Institute Specification for Composite
Steel Floor Deck says "Bending stress in the deck shall not exceed 0.6
times the yield strength ... under the combined loads of wet concrete,
deck and the following construction love loads:  20 pounds per square
foot uniform load or 150 pound concentrated load on a 1'-0" wide section
of deck."  IMHO that's pretty minimal.

Ed Marshall, PE
Simons Engineering,
Atlanta