Re: Ken Starr's Report to Congress Online

Christopher Wright wrote:

> I guess some of us never really got over Watergate. Nixon's dead. So's
> Elvis. Let's all deal with it before the next round of payback destroys
> the last vestiges of Congress's ability to take care of business.

So you're saying that, since "some of us never really got over Watergate,"
that we need to ignore Congress' responsibility under the Constitution
(namely Article I, Section 2) with regard to its impeachment authority?

Or am I missing your meaning?  Please clarify.

N.B.:  I think it hilarious, that the same sorts of people who were so angry
when "the system" allowed Nixon to resign, and then be pardoned, are the
ones who think all this stuff needs now to be "dropped."