Re: STEEL STRESSES? IN 1900-1910 YEARS

A few years back, I did some tests on steel joints of building in ottawa
which was constructed in 1910 and demolished in 1991. I took a few coupons
of steel from a beam of that buling and tested them.

I found yield stress = 225 MPa, and ultimate stress = 400 MPa.

Regards,

Majid Sarraf

>STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS:
>
>I am evaluating old steel framing which was built in NYC in 1900-1910 years.
>What would be the steel stress values to be used, any good references, ANY
>HELP.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>REGARDS,
>Tahir

              ~      ~           ~ ___
                       [_________]-|__)
              __________OO______O__O_O___________________________
                  |==========================================|
                   \               Majid Sarraf             /
                    \             Ph.D Candidate           /
                     \   Department of Civil Engineering  /
                      |        University of Ottawa      |
                      |           Ottawa, Ontario        |
                      |            Canada K1N 6N5        |