Re: Seismic Provisions

The structure is only as strong as its weakest link. Usually the weakest link
is the connection. Please let me know which major public or private
structures' connections in Southern California were "designed" by detailers so
I can stay away from them for a distance of at least two miles.  (OK, make it
one mile).

At this point in time I would not venture to go to Northern California even if
the connections for any structure were designed by licensed structural
engineers and approved by Structural Engineers Association of Northern
California Special "Connections Safety Commission".

I live in the San Diego County ... so maybe I am OK.