Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Seismic Provisions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Seismic Provisions
- From: Yank2002(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 23:29:25 EDT
The structure is only as strong as its weakest link. Usually the weakest link is the connection. Please let me know which major public or private structures' connections in Southern California were "designed" by detailers so I can stay away from them for a distance of at least two miles. (OK, make it one mile). At this point in time I would not venture to go to Northern California even if the connections for any structure were designed by licensed structural engineers and approved by Structural Engineers Association of Northern California Special "Connections Safety Commission". I live in the San Diego County ... so maybe I am OK.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic Provisions
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Provisions
- Previous by thread: Re: Seismic Provisions
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Provisions