RE: Re: Ken Starr's Report to Congress Online

Dear Mr. Polhemus
I cannot speak for all the subscribers but I appreciate the information and
opinions related to the structural engineering profession on this site.
The variety of opinions related to solving structural engineering problems
and code interpretations certainly are stimulating and often make me take a
different view on how to approach or solve a problem.  Your opinions to
structural engineering certainly are welcome and often stimulating.
However I believe just because the Starr report discussions is pretty much
taking up bandwidth all over the net does not mean this list has to follow
suit.  I don't believe Rush Limbaugh or Jerry Springer web sites would be
interested in your structural engineering problem.  It turn I am not
interested in the Starr report if I were there are other sites.
Thanks for your consideration on this matter.

Joe Murar  P.E.

At 10:43 AM 9/14/98 -0500, you wrote:
>My understanding was that we should expect some non-engineering related
chatter on this list.  The discussions are pretty much taking up bandwidth
all over the net--I note that Jesse Berst's daily column at ZDNet
(Ziff-Davis, the computer magazine publishing firm's, web site) for the
last couple of days has been concerning it.  I note that the SEAOC website
now has the report available for download.  This is an item of tremendous
newsworthiness for Americans, beyond the salacious details.

>I'm sorry if you're offended, but "venomous" is an inappropriate term.
I'm expressing my opinion.  It may be that my opinion doesn't square with
your own, and that leads you to conclude that it is "venomous."  It seems
that today, when we disagree with someone, it is intellectually less
strenuous to conclude they are dolts, or hate-filled, or some combination.

>That's really beside the point, however.
>
>Oh, and BTW, count me as someone who enjoyed "Wildwoman's" jokes very
much.  I forwarded quite a few of them to friends upon receipt.