From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, September 14, 1998 1:40 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org; polhemus(--nospam--at)insync.net
Subject: Re: Ken Starr's Report to Congress Online - venom

Regarding Polhemus's comments:

I agree that this list should be open to some non-engineering
chatter--life
isn't all engineering.  I too enjoyed Wildwoman's jokes and was very
bothered
that she was so summarily ejected (I hope she's back under another name,
perhaps chastised and thus less fun).

And the Clinton situation is fertile soil for all sorts of comments,
shallow
as well as deep.  I enjoy the zipper cartoons, even though I consider
him a
good president.  Calling him a jerk, or incompetent, or an adulterer is
one
thing, but to say "he doesn't give a d*mn about this country without
himself
as its President" is off-the-wall--spiteful and malicious rather than
"intellectually strenuous."  I consider Polhemus guilty of the very
condition
(intellectual laziness) he criticizes.