Political Issues

TO THOSE IT MAY CONCERN:

    Please understand that there are many out "here" who read the list
servers messages with great interest--even though we are not
engineers--in fact, some of us are in totally different professions
which are impacted by the engineering community.

    The diversity and opinions expressed on the wide variety of topics
is part of the process of understanding the engineering community as
rational beings and also helps to "personalize" what I have been
reading.  Even the minority opinions (when clearly expressed) have had
value and added insight.

    Please do not reduce your messages to the level of techno-blat.
Please do not allow your list server to become just another professional
clique which has relevance only to those "in the know."  You all provide
a great service to the community at large:  not the least is sharing
yourselves--through your interests, your thoughts, and your opinions.  I
would be very sorry if censorship were imposed in any way to limit the
free exchange of knowledge, information and opinions on any subject.

                                    Thank you for the opportunity to add
my paltry pennies.
                                    Audra Grinius Kunf, CEM