Re: Political Issues - not in our backyard.

A few random thoughts because I'm tired tonight:

I like techno-blat.

My morning newspaper publishes ads to where I can buy smut. I've had some problems listening to the news when my grandchildren are in the room.

I get plenty of discussion about local bad politicians right here in our own county in our local newspaper. We've got one right now that's a lame duck who's doing his best to cripple part of the local economy in revenge for his recent defeat.

CNN allows me to vote my political opinion on the spot.

I don't need political intrusiveness on my structural engineering listserver. I can probably find another listserver for political flaming.

By the way, what is a "CEM?"

Neil Moore
old S.E.
At 07:16 PM 9/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
>TO THOSE IT MAY CONCERN:
>
> Please understand that there are many out "here" who read the list
>servers messages with great interest--even though we are not
>engineers
--in fact, some of us are in totally different professions
>which are impacted by the engineering community.
>

> Please do not reduce your messages to the level of techno-blat.
>

>Thank you for the opportunity to add >my paltry pennies.

Audra Grinius Kunf, CEM