RE: Political Issues

Well, it's true there ARE no "First Amendment Rights" on a private forum such as this.  Whoever owns the list has the absolute authority to ban ANY discussions he feels are anathemic to the intent of the list.

I apologize if I've transgressed the rules.  I thought I remembered that we had decided that *some* non-engineering related discussions were permissible.  If *THE TOPIC* of the day is off limits, though, then I guess everything should be.

For myself, I most enjoy discussing current events and philosophical matters with people who are "like me" in one way or another, whether through the same religious faith--I participate on a discussion list for that--or educational/professional persuasion.

Again, I'm sorry if I transgressed the rules.  However, as a parting shot, I find it interesting that the best arguments that can be brought against what I had to say were ad hominem attacks, insinuating that I was some sort of "right-wing nut" living in a cabin in Montana somewhere.  The double standard is apparent, in that case.