RE: Political Issues

Shafat:

I apologize if I contributed in any way to rules infractions.  I thought I remembered that *some* discussion of things other than structural engineering was permissible, but perhaps I was mistaken.

I support your right, as the administrator of this list, to make rules in this regard.  There are, after all, many other places on the net where we can discuss this and other topics.

I run a private mailing list that is devoted to a particular topic myself, and I wouldn't permit discussions of the Starr report or other "off topic" threads, either.

Again, I apologize if I misunderstood the rules.