Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Re: Political Issues[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Re: Political Issues
- From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org (Richard Lewis)
- Date: 15 Sep 1998 13:46:42 GMT
- Cc: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes: Many of even the most tolerant people would be offended by this post, and yet he could turn around and use the same "free speech" argument that you have. In order to keep the list alive and healthy, I think we must in fact restrain ourselves to engineering issues. To do otherwise would probably mean the death of the list. Lynn Lynn, I think there is a big difference between posting your opinion on a subject and posting something that you know directly offends someone else. The kind of jokes you posted are aimed at cruelty to others, not expressing an opinion. I think you have stretched free speech too far and are trying to scare us into not expressing our opinion. Opinions and convictions are one thing, but cruel blasphemous material is another. We are adults and all should behave accordingly. __________________________________________________ Richard Lewis, P.E. Missionary TECH Team rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org The service mission like-minded Christian organizations may turn to for technical assistance and know-how.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Political Issues
- Next by Subject: Re: Political Issues
- Previous by thread: RE: Political Issues
- Next by thread: Re: Political Issues