Re: Re: Political Issues

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org,Internet writes:
Many of even the most tolerant people would be offended by this post, and
yet he could turn around and use the same "free speech" argument that you
have.

In order to keep the list alive and healthy, I think we must in fact
restrain ourselves to engineering issues.  To do otherwise would probably
mean the death of the list.

Lynn

Lynn,

I think there is a big difference between posting your opinion on a subject
and posting something that you know directly offends someone else.  The kind
of jokes you posted are aimed at cruelty to others, not expressing an
opinion.  I think you have stretched free speech too far and are trying to
scare us into not expressing our opinion.

Opinions and convictions are one thing, but cruel blasphemous material is
another.

We are adults and all should behave accordingly.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org