RE: Douglas Fir Larch Strength

Have you seen what they're passing off as No. 2 these days?  I just finished
a 5-year project building a horse barn for my wife, and I'd swear the lumber
graders have a sadistic sense of humor.  Seriously, when you apply all the
modification factors in the two codes, you should see much less difference
in the allowable values.