Protection of Steel

I could use some help with this problem. I have two sumps at the bottom
of a small pond like structure. The water will have a low Chloride
content ( Parts per Million (PPM) to come later ). Is there a cutoff on
PPM of Chloride where Galvanized steel will not do the job of protecting
the carbon steel grating supports? I need to use Fiber Glass grating for
weight. Which is cheaper in general Stainless Steel or Fiber Glass
structural shapes? Does anyone have a reference for coating to be used
under "extreme Conditions"?

Thanks

Acie Chance