-----Original Message-----
From:	Chance, Acie P. [SMTP:acie_chance(--nospam--at)wdi.disney.com]
Sent:	Tuesday, September 15, 1998 5:21 PM
To:	'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'
Subject:	Protection of Steel

I could use some help with this problem. I have two sumps at the bottom
of a small pond like structure. The water will have a low Chloride
content ( Parts per Million (PPM) to come later ). Is there a cutoff on
PPM of Chloride where Galvanized steel will not do the job of protecting
the carbon steel grating supports?
[Harold Sprague]  Not that I am aware of.

I need to use Fiber Glass grating for
weight. Which is cheaper in general Stainless Steel or Fiber Glass
structural shapes?
[Harold Sprague]  Fiberglass, unless the loads are unusually high.

Does anyone have a reference for coating to be used
under "extreme Conditions"?
[Harold Sprague]  You will have to define the "extreme conditions" (i.e. corrosive agents, abrasion, impact loads, explosive conditions, thermal extremes, UV exposure?).  And is it a concrete coating or a metalic coating.
Thanks

Acie Chance

<<application/ms-tnef>>